- Continue to fund the Maritime Security Program at the $300M level authorized by Congress to ensure its viability.
- Protect the Jones Act from Legislative Changes.
- Fund maritime academy training & ops., including $36M for National Security Multi-Mission Vessel design & Long Lead items.
- Ensure the Administration enforces Cargo Preference Laws via strong rulemaking; and reject the major funding cuts for Food Aid Cargos.
- Provide funding for the Title XI Ship Financing Program of at least $25-35M/year.
- Support the Department of Transportation’s Marine Highway initiatives that would transport more freight cargo in national waterways and exempts waterborne cargo, shipped between U.S. ports from the Harbor Maintenance Tax
Download our Powerpoint presentation.